Riverside Assault Lawyer
Defense Attorney for Assault Crimes in Riverside
Have you been arrested or accused of assaulting another person? With assault and battery charges it is crucial that you do not speak to anyone, including law enforcement, regarding your case before you consult a criminal attorney. Anything that you say while in custody can be taken in the put in the wrong context and then used against you in court.
Don't put your future freedoms at risk. Be sure to contact a Riverside criminal defense attorney from The Law Offices of Ty Martinez immediately following your arrest. Our legal team of trial lawyers are highly adept in handling assault cases and other types of violent crimes and we are standing by ready to protect your rights both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Call us now to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation and get an assertive legal advocate on your side.
Types of Assault and Battery Crimes in Riverside
Many times defendants face both assault and battery charges, but they are considered to be separate criminal acts. Here are the basic definitions of each:
Assault is when someone intentionally threatens another person with violence or the use of force. This could simply mean verbally threatening someone or pulling out a weapon to demonstrate force.
Battery charges, on the other hand, only come about when physical contact is made with the other individual.
Our firm defends clients who are facing a broad range of assault and battery charges, including:
- Simple Assault
- Aggravated Assault
- Simple Battery
- Aggravated Battery
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- Assault with a Firearm
- Domestic Violence
California Penalties for Assault and Battery
Here at the firm we have extensive experience defending against both Misdemeanor and felony offenses. We have seen just how harsh and unforgiving the prosecution can be, which is why we suggest consulting a defense lawyer sooner rather than later. Getting us involved in your case early on will improve your chances of success.
Below the various assault and battery are charges are listed with their corresponding penalties:
- Simple Assault- This crime can lead to a six month jail sentence and a possible fine up to $1,000.
Wobbler Offenses: (Could be a Misdemeanor or Felony Depending on the Situation)
- Simple Battery- This crime can lead to a six month jail sentence and a possible fine up to $2,000.
- Aggravated Battery- This is when the victim suffers serious bodily injury. This crime can lead to a four year prison sentence and a possible fine up to $10,000.
- Aggravated Assault- This crime can lead to a one year jail sentence and a possible fine up to $2,000.
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon- This is when the circumstances of the crime are likely to lead to severe bodily injury. This crime is can lead to a four year prison sentence and a possible fine up to $10,000.
- Assault with a Firearm- This crime can lead to a four year prison sentence and a possible fine up to $10,000.
Aggressive Assault Attorney in Riverside. Call (888) 464-1038
When facing a violent criminal charge, obtaining a criminal defense lawyer can make all the difference between a conviction and a case dismissal. Here at The Law Offices of Ty Martinez we provide representation that you can trust and we know what it takes to achieve results. Our premier criminal law firm has a track record of case victories and we come highly recommended by previous satisfied clients. We also hold an Excellent criminal defense rating from Avvo.
If you have been charged with assault or battery in Riverside, contact our office for immediate legal protection. Call us today at (888) 464-1038 for a free case review.